Tuesday, September 4, 2018

20180904-Slow Bite at Wixom Lake

There is only so much success that can be achieved when all the odds are stacked against… with gorgeous summer weather staring back at me I set out on the closest launch for a short trip during a Lull.Period as well as Low FAL scores.


I take advantage of the weather and who doesn’t enjoy the art of the cast? It’s getting out there that is very enjoyable to me. In baseball, if you want to become a great hitter, you face yourself against the toughest pitchers. It’s like that in any sport! If you want to be a better fisherman, fish the tough bite days. Something my Dad used to say.


While enjoying the short ride to the first waypoint I study the sonar and observe very few targets… only some suspended fish here and there… I’m thinking the fish are in a neutral mood and will be tight to cover or close to the bottom.


I make a swing closer to shore to do a perimeter check in the shallows for signs of life… after observing a short stretch I notice many Lepomis under the 6” slot.


I decide to target B.Crappie along the second break deep weed line. Shortly I score with a couple between 10 and 12” a couple short B.Gills and the bite turned completely off.


Since this was scheduled to be a short trip… I picked up anchor and did a short recon trip up a cut in the reservoir to check on a spot.

8 fish during the Lull.Period I guess I felt lucky… and lucky to have spent a bit of time on the lake.

..



No comments:

Post a Comment