Monday, September 24, 2018


20180924-Full Moon Eve… proved to be a good Day for Quality!

I plan my trips carefully when it comes to the full and new moon periods… fish activity levels are at their highest for the month. Fish respond well at those times my history proves. Fishing at the right place at the right time using the right bait!... very simple formula to follow.

So historically this time of year during the full moon or new moon periods on my favorite waypoints with my proven bait of choice has spelled success for me once again.

After enjoying summer like weather just the day previous… today was going to be difficult. Cold front conditions with cloudy skies, strong sustained winds and periodic drizzle. When your casting micro light jigs the wind throws the game off a bit.

The bite was there with quality but numbers were down… I’ll still gladly take that!

When dealing with the wind I position the boat upwind of my waypoint and cast with the wind.

I scored well with a Master Angler B.Gill on the LCD jig method! I then tagged a near Master Angle Channel Cat using the same technique shortly after!

because of the stiff winds the slip/float systems stayed on the bench for the trips entirety.


With weather coming in in the form of downpours and t storms I called the trip short and headed home… with a wide grin!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX













No comments:

Post a Comment