Sunday, September 16, 2018

20180916- Low FAL but Beautiful Weather… I’m Going Fishing


The Low Fal wasn’t a motivator but the beautiful weather was. I put together the typical rod bundle with three long-casters for micro-jigs and one Slip/Float/Fly/Waxie and was at the boat launch in minutes.

The launch was nearly empty! I love it!. This is one of the counties busiest lake for fishing… mainly panfish harvesters and Bass enthusiasts, club members etc. I thoroughly enjoy it when the locals hang up the rods after Labor Day.

Within a few more minutes I was on my summer pattern waypoints in the middle of a slow bite at the bottom of the major.period. I was timing the major.period/solar.sunset overlap which should produce a few more bites.

For the past few years, I have not been able to pull myself off the 6 to 9-0’ foot weedy flats. I take this pattern to any lake. This is the kitchens of the lake where much of the food is generated between the 1st and second break weedline. Put me on the edges or gaps and I will be on the fish.

Working the weed line edges, clumps and gaps I was able to coax a few good size b.crappie hanging close to cover on the LCD jig.


Usually, during the lower FAL levels, I’ll use the Slip/Float/Fly/Waxie method above everything else… the fish just need a bit longer to check out the bait.

Since water temps were still at peak summer levels the micro-jig method was finding and connecting with the pannies so i stuck with it covering larger expanses of water.


A 9-inch class B.Gill ended up with the BFOTD award

...






No comments:

Post a Comment