Thursday, March 21, 2019

Have you always went by your Major,Minor, Lull program?


Have you always went by your Major,Minor, Lull program? If not, was the traditional way not working for you? Have to be honest, it seems to me that your putting alot of effort into certain times that you go that seems to dictate the ONLY time you fish. As I said before I give you props for sticking with a certain program. Just wing it a couple times and see what happens. Good luck in your open water adventures.


Thanks!… I’m 62 years old… fished old school till about the 90’s when Doug Hannon came onto the scene… my Dad and I followed him like a shadow… read his books, articles etc.

Wasn’t till about 5 years ago due to my disability and limited amount of time spent on the water… I was getting skunked a lot so I started timing the periods. What a difference in productivity.

I needed to find the spots on the tough local reservoirs, bought a good mapping sonar and mapped all my local lakes covering every square yard… loaded my knew maps onto the sonar unit and marked quite a few great spots.

With locations and solunar solved in the equation I started fine tuning presentations for the trophies. They started coming across the gunwales in numbers… and then I was able to get family and friends into the trophies… this is truly rewarding.

Trust me i'm out there on the water fishing the Lulls! Guys!!.. I’m retired… I’m out there in the lab (BOWS) 20-25 days / month… excluding Inclement weather ice fishing.

Just yesterday I spent nearly 7 hours ice fishing… physically I avg 2-3 hrs per trip for the ice. If one has a physical condition that limits his time on the ice to 2 to 3 hours per trip... an addicted fisherman finds a way to be out there during the good bite. That’s what I had to do for any productivity ice fishing. On the open water different story I could be out there longer physically floating in a boat. Always on my spots during the Minor or Major.

Hadn’t tagged a Master Angler Trophy fish till I was 58 Years old … then the flood gates opened… many wall hangers since then working not only solunar periods but a simple equation…

Location + Solunar + Methods = Success

Ive truly simplified fishing for myself with just this equation. My tackle fits into one Plano 3600 tackle box.

The thing about fishing… many have also their own patterns of success… that’s why I like fishing with others that are successful in their own ways. Most take sunrise/sunset/weather into their fishing protocol, adhere by it, and have become successful without being lunar aware… so happiness is achieved thru the sport with some kind of success… catching fish… there is no argument.

Thru trial and error most fishermen find some level of success…

There are a lot of young folk out there searching for success in fishing, searching for answers on the social media… and there are several paths to success… yet very little info on patterns of success for any other protocols.

I respect everyone's success and methods, barometer, wind direction etc and im not trying to force any method on anyone… im producing vlogs on my fishing journey solunar tables, location principles, detailed methods and tackle… etc

All I know is I have 7 hrs of video logged yesterday on the ice encompassing a Major.Period, a painful Lull.Period, and a double trigger Minor.Period that was truly fortifying and predictable for me.


Bay BornNRaised sounds and looks like you are a well seasoned pro (some great fish pics)and could probably coax a limit from a road pothole... the reason you probably never looked for any other guidelines is your probably on your own pattern of success with some great waypoints with some great methods.

For me i never quit learning what could tilt success more in my favor.

weather is a minor trigger for me... i had one of my best days with a full moon massive coldfront with 25 mph sustained winds casting micro-jigs for Lepomis... high blue bird skies in 95 degree heat... with no other fishermen in sight winching them in.

Keep Those Lines Tight!
Slip

No comments:

Post a Comment