Friday, April 20, 2018


20180420-did a little scouting today…

I was not impressed... since I always stow tackle in the vehicle at all times… (ya never know when an emergency arrives!) … I stopped at a few local shoreline spots that offer the premiere early fish activity meters in my area. The earliest fish activity  is measured at these spots accurately … after ice-out these are my earliest go to spots… throw a slip/float with a waxie or long/cast a little minnow/jig combo… hookup… fish are in. very simple equation.


There was no action today… I threw the go to baits and no hits. Just to test. Usually the fish are in with visible minnow activity in the sandy shallows… nothing… no visible life. The ice and snow melt off is a bull in the china shop indicator this is not the time… too early! Water temps at the most near mid 40’s with the melt off


Still thinking though a deep vertically jigged ice jig/waxie combo would be the ticket at the first break off the flats at 9 to 10-0’ levels….I need the boat for this to happen. Soon though the launches will be in shape and accessible.
Today with the great weather however I mark as a pivot point on the calendar in weather activity… winter/ spring transition I feel begins here.


Soon enough… soon enough I’ll be on the water scoring tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment