Saturday, April 27, 2019


Cold Water Period - Small Mouth Bass – Swim Jig

With winter like start to spring, late ice-out, snow, rain, low water levels and a busted tow vehicle it seems I’m spinning my wheels lately trying to hit the open-water season. The only option I have right now is a couple shoreline spots. With a 8ft drop down in water levels vacating the fish from those locations. Just recently the dam has been tightened and water levels have recovered somewhat. So has the fishing a bit… a few pike at first and now the SMB’s are starting a comeback. 

Today I split a short trip between the tail end of a Minor.Period and the beginning of a Major.Period uptick nearing the dusk period. I tag into my first smallie of the year… swim jigging. Only one fish on this short trip… but felt great! 

Keep those lines tight! 

Slip


https://youtu.be/qL5zxBFORT4



No comments:

Post a Comment