Friday, June 15, 2018

20180615- Allen Morgan Tungsten Fly Tags the Master Angler B.Gill Highlight Bait of the Day!

20180615- Allen Morgan Tungsten Fly Tags the Master Angler B.Gill Highlight Bait of the Day!




Fishing the three days of the Full/New Moon has always been a successful pattern of fishing for me, nailing the Master Angler tags… I was still reeling over the Master Angler Tag just two days ago the day before the New Moon I decide to fish the same lake with the same methods… right?



I set sites on today’s trip for a potential repeat performance So using the same rod bundle from just two days ago I set out on a beautiful spring afternoon to hit the Major.Period, Same lake same methods. Water temps at 77°slight north wind, clear skies looking for the mid afternoon bite… not another fisherman in sight on this typically highly fishing-pressured lake.



I timed the trip to be on my waypoints at just the beginning of the Major.Period which would last about 3 hours. The Major.Period started at 13:06 and lasted thru 16:06.



I started long-casting the Allen Morgan Tungsten Ice Fly (Pink) tipped with a Ping GULP Waxie. I immediately started tagging large Lepomis straight away with lunker class mixed in.



The first Trophy Bull B.Gill 10” class hit at 14:57, then the Master Angler B.Gill soon followed at 15:36 then the trophy P.Seed followed at 16:36. Just an outstanding trip! I was literally shaking the whole time out there.



Definitely a trip to remember!

...







No comments:

Post a Comment