Saturday, May 5, 2018

"Brown Water Blues"


    20180505-"Brown Water Blues"

    my son Kenny gives me a call and asks if I have time to take him fishing on a quick trip. I absolutely responded Yes and quickly checked the “Fishing Points App” and realized we would be fishing the Lull.Period. we quickly launched at the most efficient launch site and made it out on the main lake and noticed visibility was mere inches after the t’storms the past couple nights.


    Our plan was to head up the lake and fish the cuts hoping the visibility would be much better. The main lake measured 62°. Once in the cut we knew we would be in trouble when we noticed the visibility was not any better. I call it brown water blues.

    I launched a couple slip/float rigs as well as thru the swim jigs with no bites. Kenny stuck with the jigs and landed a decent B.Crappie. The water temp in the cut and canal was 64°. The water temps and time of year were correct but could not get the fish to bite. I’m sure the facts that two important variables were working against us… the brown water and the Lull.Period.

    We headed back to the launch where water clarity was significantly better where Kenny quickly tagged a young N.Pike with some fight.

    We called the trip shortly after landing the n.pike battle beaten by weather, water conditions and solunar lack of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment